[NTLK] A Question About Wireless

From: Stephen Jendraszak (stevehj_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 14:12:47 EDT

I haven't followed the discussion about wireless Newts for a while,
because I never thought I would need it. But now, I have a question. My
school (Ball State University) is installing 3000 wireless access points
(base stations) to cover campus with 802.11b access. My question is
this- Could a Newton with a WaveLan card and the latest driver take
advantage of this wireless network? The last I remember reading, using
base stations, as opposed to ad hoc mode, was tricky, and you had to
have a base station with certain settings. Thanks for any info-

sj

http://homepage.mac.com/stevehj