Re: [NTLK] OT Trolls and black holes

From: L vRooy (ara_at_dwaf.pwv.gov.za)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 06:12:03 EDT

Jochen wrote in respose to 'essay' by Eric:
--This was thourough.=20

=2E.. and very readable and informative. I hope there will be a 2nd installm=
ent!

--My explaination was just a shoot from the hip.

How does the saying goes?: Brevity is the mother of ... distortion(???)-=
 just joking, Jochen- I don't really know the proverb.

--But I think with "vortex shape" he meant the standard way to --visualize=
 the space-time distortion by gravitation.

Spot on. The explanation by Eric righted a bit my distorted views. If each=
 galaxy have a black hole at its centre, then the distortion cannot be=
 called a vortex, from just a visual point of view. To be true to my=
 somewhat down to earth views, when typing 'vortex', I was thinking about=
 the 'worm holes' which can take you (or whats left of you after being=
 ripped apart- atoms/quarks/leptons/... whichever is the smaller) to another=
 universe.

Les vRooy
<lvrooy_at_iafrica.com>