Re: [NTLK] Using UNNA with IE

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 10:04:46 EDT

on 7/10/02 2:35 AM, Mick Ring at lists_at_rynosoft.com wrote:

> Ooops! Should have mentioned I'm using a Mac!

    Two methods:
    First (easy).
    Right click (control-click if you have a single button mouse) on the
item you want to download. Select download link to disk. Choose where you
want the download to go from the dialog box.

    Second.
    In IE go to Edit-->Preferences-->File helpers
    Choose Add
    In description put in 'Newton Package' or something similar.
    In extension put .pkg
    You can leave MIME type blank.
    For application choose Browse and select your copy of NCU (this will
fill in some of the boxes, but we're going to change some of them).
    In filetype it probably says TEXT. Change this to "pkg " (that=B9s p k g
space ... Without the quotes of course)
    File creator should say 1NCU.
    Encoding -- select the Binary Data radio button, and check Macintosh
data, use for incoming and use for outgoing.
    For download select the method you want ('download folder' automaticall=
saves it to the download folder you've selected).
    And for How to handle select Save to file.
    Select OK and save the new preferences.

    You should not be able to click on items in UNNA and have them download
without complaint from IE.

Cheers,
Peter
   =20