Re: [NTLK] Best Mac laptop for Newton use?

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sun Jul 07 2002 - 10:27:06 EDT

>Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 21:46:31 -0400
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Best Mac laptop for Newton use?
>From: Chris Ruprecht <chrup_at_earthlink.net>
>
>I would personally go fo a Wallstreet or a Lombard, afaik, they have
>serial ports, as well as built-in ethernet. They are not the cheapest,
>but on the other hand, they are quite useful machines, even with OS X.

I strongly agree with you about the Wallstreet being a useful machine.
At least if the job to be done is not to be "very portable".
They are big and heavy, but the choice of material is excellent, the
keyboard is superb, you can put in a wireless card via PCMCIA if you
want to, they are easy to upgrade, they do not get very hot, nice
speakers... fantastic machine unless you need portability.
Might be overkill though if it's just going to serve the Newt.
Anything with 10base Ethernet should be sufficient.

Oliver :)

--
BIG BUSINESS IS A JUNGLE. THE APPLE NEWTON IS YOUR MACHETE.