Re: [NTLK] Streaming Audio Links

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 13:24:18 EDT

Well, that's the advantage of running a ShoutCast
streaming server. You RIP the songs at any bitrate you
want, then tell the ShoutCast server to stream at any
other bitrate you want! Most of my MP3s are RIPped at
VBS-160 or higher! But my ShoutCast server streams at
40bps and stereo. In this way, I only have to have a
single MP3 file and it streams without a problem.
Plus, there is a web interface that allows me the
ability to change songs from a list of available
music.
And of course...the music is for my own personal
listening pleasure only. I have the ShoutCast server
set to a maximum of 2 connections...besides...I don't
think my iDSL connection can handle too much more than
that!
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new