Re: [NTLK] Possible Original Newton prototype - now it's mine..

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 14:36:53 EDT

  Well, I spoke (and bid) too quickly. I was guessing it was a prototype based
on the pen holder on the side, but it looks like it's probably just a 100 -
unless I get very lucky and he really didn't have a clue what he had (which is
unlikely as it has a manual and such). But I'm thinking an N100 with all the
stuff shown will probbaly worth more than $60 at some point (I'm thinking in the
next year. although I'm sure it might be worth a VERY pretty penny in 2030..
("Computer Antiques Roadshow 2030" Says some guy with a cultured accent, "this
is one of the very first Apple Newton personal assistants made. Horrible
marketing blunder - Apple could have ruled the world, but they blew it.. Led to
the precursors to the personal assistants found everywhere, but sadly was only
sold for 5 years..")

Jim