Re: [NTLK] Backing up to flash cards

From: Marcy (marcy_at_marcycom.com)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 23:28:35 EST

> I have a 32 meg. memory card in the upper slot, a 56K pc card modem in the
> lower slot.
> I use a 4 meg. card to do 'daily' backups of internal store using the
> built-in process.
> I use another 32 meg. card to do 'weekly' backups of the inserted 32 meg.
> card using SBM Utilities.
> I hate going home or to work for restoring and/or hoping NCU works. "Going
> mobile"... :-)

When you back up as you have described here, these backups are only good on
a Newton...correct? I mean if something happened to your Newton, you would
have to get another in order to use your backup. Is this correct?

I am using MoreInfo and trying to not just make a backup, but to have a copy
on my Mac that is in a usable format in case something happens to my Newt.
And I labored over this.

Now Contacts & Palm Desktop use each person as an contact entry. While
MoreInfo and Affiliates treats each company as an entry and there may be
many people under that company entry. You can enter people as well, but
again, I enter the "Smith" family and then enter all the names on the one
card.

I like the way my Newt handles the info, but what's the smoothest way to set
up a matching file on my Mac?