Re: [NTLK] NCU-like software native MacOS X: what prevents it

From: Christopher Plummer (plumcakes_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 21:16:40 EST

>>> Apple (or the company's CEO, for that matter) has not killed the
>>> floppy,
>>> serial devices, or SCSI. These devices are antiquated. The technology
>>> (save for some special applications) had outlived it's useful life.
>>
>> Not at all. Floppies are still used by PC folks and are a very quick
>> and
>> dirty way to exchange small files. I personally haven't used them at
>> home
>> for years, but they would have come in handy last summer.

I really like those Sonnet Piccolo flash drives. They are small and
easy to use. You could put them on a keychain. Cost is the only
caveat. I think quick and dirty data transfer could be in tiny but
powerful devices like these if they get the cost down to $30 and/or
equip them with firewire. It's only a matter of time.

Christopher Plummer
plumcakes_at_mac.com
plummer_at_bu.edu

"All your base are belong to us"