Re: [NTLK] repairs

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 06:02:33 EST

Ok, sorry, I was thinking of my old MP120 which can be operated with normal
batteries.

But ok, the strategy is the same: try another battery pack of that you know
that it is ok.
I do not know if you have the possibility to measure the battery voltage.
I am not sure if it is allowed to operate the MP100 with power adaptor
only, but this would be another option.

Using the original power adaptor should not result in any serious damage of
your Newty, I just think that the battery pack is dead.

Comparing the MP100 with MP2100 is like day and night, you will be
surprised.
For the MP2100 a good idea would be to have a flash card with at least 4MB
(the bigger the better) and maybe an ethernet card.
Connection cables for PC nad/or Mac are essential, but you can use the one
you already might have for the MP100.
The dongle is essential to connect the MP2k to Mac or PC - or the built in
SER-001 from David Humphreys.
Regarding power the best thing is to have the original 9W power adaptor. A
battery tray for use of alkaline batteries is available, and a second NiMh
battery pack as backup is nice to have.

Johannes