Re: [NTLK] Newbie with Internet questions

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 00:18:34 EST

Yes, I can say that NetHopper cannot handle
Javascript, Java, VBscript, Flash, embedded quicktime,
wave files, midi files, tables or frames. Nor can it
handle server constructs like header redirects. I
tried it on one of my sites that uses all of these.
Now, my question is...since we have Waba, can that
take over the Java interpretation? And with that MOD
(that's kinda like midi) can't that handle midi? and
that video viewer, can't that handle quicktime? We may
be able to map these applications to handle most of
what's required for a minimum http1.1 browsing
experience!
Ed
web/gadget guru
come see my Newt on the web 24/7 (well, mostly)
http://65.84.243.167

--- Stephen Jendraszak <stevehj_at_mac.com> wrote:

> I don't believe NetHopper handles Java, Flash, etc.
> But I could be
> wrong... I couldn't load any large sites without
> running out of heap
> anyway. You might have better luck on a 2100.
>
> sj
>
> On Sunday, January 27, 2002, at 01:56 PM, Chris
> Searles wrote:
>

> >> I too own an eMate, and I have to say
> >> that even over a cable modem, trying to browse
> the web with an eMate is
> >> an exercise in frustration. If you really want to
> try, though,
> >> NetHopper
> >> seems like a well-designed program, and it is
> serving my father well on
> >> his 2100.
> >
> > Something I've always wanted to ask and this seems
> like an opportune
> > time: How does a Newt with a browser such as
> NetHopper (which is
> > probably
> > about 5 years old) deal with all the Java,
> Javascript and other such
> > stuff that normally requires you using at least IE
> 5 or Netscape 4.7?
> >
> > Chris Searles

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -