Re: [NTLK] Converting Mac NTK projects to Windows without a Mac

From: Jim Anderson (jiman_at_microsoft.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 13:42:51 EST

        Eckhart wrote:
> On the other hand, used Macs that can run the NTK can be had for=20
> something like 20$ nowadays ;) Especially the Quadra series=20
> are pretty=20
> robust and neat. Of course there's always the risk that you=20
> end up with=20
> a brand new Mac sooner or later. Happened to me.

        I can just see how that would go:

        "Hi, honey! How are you? I just bought this old Mac for $20. I
know we don't have the space for it, but I want to use it for Newton
programming -- Ow! Ow! Stop that!"

        Or, worse:

        "Hi, honey! How are you? I thought about buying an old Mac for
$20 so I could work on some Mac-format Newton projects, but then I
thought about how cramped it is in the house, so I spent $1500 on an
iBook instead -- Ow! Ow! Stop that!"

Jim Anderson

Evil Overlord Rule 231:
Mythical guardians will be instructed to ask visitors name, purpose of
visit, and whether they have an appointment instead of ancient riddles.