Re: [NTLK] Basic problems

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 14:37:52 EST

>Dear all,
>
>I intended to use my Hayes Optima 336 Fax/Data Modem card in my MP2100, use
>a normal telephone line and connect to my G4 Cube's ethernet port to sync
>with each other, using NCK. Can it be done?

No, the phone plug is a different size than the ethernet plug, the two are
not compatible jacks or protocols. You'll find the phone connector will
not fit in the ethernet jack.

>If not, any better suggestion?

An ethernet card for the 2100 is the simplest solution to talk to your cube
(can be found for $15 or so). See www.chuma.org for model numbers of
compatible ethernet cards, you'll need a hub or crossover cable as well
(easiest solution is an x-jack ethernet card in this latter case).

>And another thing, can anyone please direct me to buy the battery tray for
>the MP2100 so I can use batteries should my now only rechargeable battery
>fails me. Or I can make one myself? Does anyone know how to go about it?

I seem to recall a post about a source for these outside of ebay but I
didn't save it, and a cursory search of the archives did not produce it....
ebay is most likely the only source.