Re: [NTLK] MP2100 homebrew overclock

From: Stephanie Maks (steph_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 10:26:30 EST

Johannes, you are correct of course, the hack is not elegant, it is a brute
force approach as I describe it on the web page.

I prefer to switch over when the Newton is either off, or when just at the
backdrop application, and about 49 times out of 50 it works fine. I throw
the switch, and continue using it as normal. The 50th time, I need to press
the reset button.

For $10 it seemed I was getting good value, and as I say on the web site, I
have never lost data this way.

Others' mileage may vary, and with any hardware modification there are the
usual risks, warnings, and disclaimers.

The bottom line I think, is if you do not like this simplistic method due to
potential risks, then either PCBman's or PixSolution's products are perhaps
more for appropriate.

-Stephanie