Re: [NTLK] MP2100 homebrew overclock

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 09:04:36 EST

General rule is: keep the wires as short as possible.
They do not only add stray capacitance, they also act as antennas for radiating the crystal frequency and its harmonics
(in most cases [for digital electronics] the crystals are not operated with a pure sinusoidal waveform, but with a more square shaped waveform, this causes a lot of harmonics, dependent on the rise time of the slopes).
This may cause interferences in the radio or tv next to you (and your Newt) as well as to other electronic parts inside the Newt.

Johannes