Re: [NTLK] Getting rid of a backdrop button and 1 more

From: Uncle Marty (msanchez_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 01:01:48 EST

Seth,

I had the same problem with a package that I was installing to a card when
the connection crapped out half way through. And everytime I inserted the
card, I got an error and my newton locked up.

I tried the soft reset and to freeze all the applications, but that didn't
work.

What did work was the following.

1. Eject the card.
2. Load the application to the Newton itself.
3. Once it is loaded, disconnect your Newt from the computer.
4. Reinsert the card.
5. You should get the error that the application is already on the internal
storage and it will freeze the one on the card.
6. Locate the file on the card and delete it.

That took care of it for me.

Marty