Re: [NTLK] FW: Heap (of) Trouble

From: Eckhart Koeppen (eck1000_at_gmx.net)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 12:42:59 EST

Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> On 18/01/02 11:52, "rminton_at_commscope.com" <rminton_at_commscope.com> wrote:
>

>>>It could be that DateMan is leaking memory. That wouldn't be surprising,
>>>since the package is from StandAlone.
>>>
>>This is new to me. Any more detail?
>>

> Which part is new? That DateMan could be leaking memory? I've never used it
> myself, so it is solely based on my previous experience with a few other
> packages from StandAlone that have been performing ... well, how could I put
> it... less than reliably ;-D And it's also based on the description of the
> problem. Looks really like a memory leak to me...

I've been using Dateman as a backdrop for quite a long time now and have
not observed any memory leaks or other strange behaviour... in fact, I
really like it, it has a nice UI, not too cluttered and pretty
customizable. But since it has to interact with the Dates app, it could
be that there is something in the Dates data (like a wierd Appointmet or
ToDo Task) Dateman can't handle. Just a thought...

Eckhart

--
                   -- eck_at_40hz.org -- www.40hz.org --