Re: [NTLK] FW: Heap (of) Trouble

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 12:07:30 EST

On 18/01/02 11:52, "rminton_at_commscope.com" <rminton_at_commscope.com> wrote:

>> It could be that DateMan is leaking memory. That wouldn't be surprising,
>> since the package is from StandAlone.
>
> This is new to me. Any more detail?

Which part is new? That DateMan could be leaking memory? I've never used it
myself, so it is solely based on my previous experience with a few other
packages from StandAlone that have been performing ... well, how could I put
it... less than reliably ;-D And it's also based on the description of the
problem. Looks really like a memory leak to me...

-Laurent.

brain dump n.: [common] The act of telling someone everything one knows
about a particular topic or project. Typically used when someone is going to
let a new party maintain a piece of code. Conceptually analogous to an
operating system core dump in that it saves a lot of useful state before an
exit. "You'll have to give me a brain dump on FOOBAR before you start your
new job at HackerCorp." See core dump (sense 4). At Sun, this is also known
as `TOI' (transfer of information).