Re: [NTLK] Warning: 20 MB Cards Recently on eBay

From: Dean Spilias (dspilias_at_bigpond.com)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 01:29:56 EST

I bought some of the GEM cards; they still had some database data and a
package called Northstar. I assume that was the company name; not sure about
the application. Definitely Newton software and Newton-viewable data.

Maybe I'm not inquisitive enough, but I didn't snoop throuth their client
records to look at dates, nnumber of records etc. to get an idea of how
heavily the cards were used...

They seem to work fine, despite being sold without having presumably
sensitive information wiped!

-- Dean