Re: [NTLK] my first Newton question in 5 years....

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 14:24:28 EST

On 14/01/02 14:16, "David Mantripp" <d.mantripp_at_fantastic.com> wrote:
[snip!]
> I was trying to set up EnRoute to access my mac.com account, but it needs
> SMTP authentication to send (receive is ok). I can't see anyway to set
> this.... Is it possible, or should I use a different client, or should I
> concludethat mac.com is Netwon-hostile ?

Are you sure it requires SMTP authentication? I don't remember doing
anything special in Entourage when I did set up my mac.com account there,
except the usual userid and password. Or maybe I'm missing something? BTW,
what leads you to believe it's requiring SMTP authentication? What kind of
errors are you getting?

-Laurent.

Evil Empire n.: [from Ronald Reagan's famous characterization of the
communist Soviet Union] Formerly IBM,now Microsoft. Functionally, the
company most hackers love to hate at any given time. Hackers like to see
themselves as romantic rebels against the Evil Empire, and frequently adopt
this role to the point of ascribing rather more power and malice to the
Empire than it actually has. See also Borg and search for Evil Empire pages
on the Web.