Re: [NTLK] An idea for Names...

From: Andy Pasulka (anp919_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jan 13 2002 - 21:19:47 EST

on 1/12/02 1:28 PM, Dustin Long at dlong_at_tamu.edu wrote:

> I was transferring names from various paper sources to my MP2000, and I
> can't help but wishing for a "new feature":
>
> Wouldn't it be great if you could write in a ZIP code into the ZIP field
> and get the corresponding City/State? Likewise, write an area
> (country) code and get the proper city/state/country?
>
> I think it'd be neat. And I'd gladly sacrifice the information in, say,
> the Map (city, lat/long, time zone?) to make room.
>
> Has this been implemented in some already-written software? Is it even
> possible, given the integrated nature of the Names soup?

I hate 'me-too' posts, but this thought has come to me a few times, too. At
least I can use the popups for city and state, and fortunately for me,
covers most of my new names and addresses (most new people I meet live/work
in the towns I've already entered).

ANP

--

Make an exhaustive list of everything you might do & do the last thing on the list (from Brian Eno's Oblique Strategies) Andy Pasulka www.imaxx.net/~anp/ anp919_at_earthlink.net