Re: [NTLK] Taking Notes on MP2000/2100?

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_mediaone.net)
Date: Sun Jan 13 2002 - 08:16:13 EST

>In meetings, classes and whatnot I find myself taking notes in Outline
>mode in "plain old Notes." I generally use HWR if it's expected to be
>"mostly talk," and ink text if it's expected to be technical (equations),
>etc. Then, after a backup, I'll usually let HWR recognize the whole
>document. (Here, I'm embarassed to admit, I actually use the keyboard...
>this way I can "Command-A" the whole document and then double-tap.)

I always got really annoyed with "misaligned" text when taking notes (using
HWR) and then going back to add stuff to text already recognized. By
misaligned, I mean the event in which ASCII gets positioned just about over
other ASCIII and it's a huge pain to get it straightened out again.
So I started to use outlines for notetaking situations, 'cos it's easy to
move stuff around or "add another bullet" if I scroll back to add something.

But you're the first to say you use outlines mostly; so others must not
have as big a problem with the overlaid text?

BTW, there are a couple cute add-on buttons that you can use to select all
the text of a note; Nick's Mark-It and TheWholeText (TWT) are two I use.