[NTLK] twerx werx! but backing up still sux!

From: Scotty Technoir (ticknor_at_punkass.com)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 16:01:03 EST

hey gang
thanks for the pointer on Twerx. i could see myself paying for this, esp
since i can't back up my Newt anymore! it worked fine a number of times.
then i read on the list that incremental backups can cause errors, so i
dumped my old file before trying to backup again. this worked once. now,
after trying 10+ times, i can't get a complete backup accomplished. it
appears to fail when it reaches the package backup stage.
i have heard about slowdown.exe being used on win2K machines. has anyone
tried this on XP? seems strange to me that it would work one day and not the
next, but that's windows for ya! [not that i didn't have trouble with my old
Mac from time to time!]
my setup:
MP2000
ThinkPad 390E, 333MHz, 192 MB
i can install packages, export from Works [with the odd error] but backups
always fail.
the PC gives a communication error type [-1]
the newt tells me the PC disconnected.
ideas?

thanks a bunch,
scotty technoir