Re: [NTLK] USPS (was: $150 newt I need a US address, pls help)

From: David Golden (ikondave_at_charter.net)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 10:35:25 EST

on 1/11/02 8:55 AM, Brian at bmcewen_at_mediaone.net wrote:

>> I have noticed some reluctance from Americans sellers to send USPS. is
>> there a reason for this?
>
> Lack of any tracking number? Best you can do is a return-receipt or
> certified, which still doesn't let anyone track, and which costs more $.
> Inconsistent delievery times (sometimes I get stuff from the West coast US
> to me (midwest) with one day travel time, sometimes, 3 weeks or more).
> Even "priority".
>
> Does the EMS service mentioned earlier provide a tracking ID for
> international packages?

Hello All -

I have never , I repeat , never had a trouble free experience shipping
packages overseas via USPS. That is why I no longer sell to people outside
of US and Canada when I ebay. In fact, if I have important documents/ checks
to mail I only use FedEx. Our family spends the summers in beautiful Nova
Scotia, and it is amazing how long ( often two weeks or more! ) it takes for
standard mail to go back and forth from our home in the States. This holiday
season a digital camcorder that we ordered for our younger son, was left on
our unlocked front porch by UPS while we were away, even though it said on
the box that it must be signed for. Just terrible. I ordered an eMate for
our older son, and it arrived last week via USPS, ruined with a cracked
screen. I was told by the folks at our local post office that it will be the
better part of a month before I collect the insurance. The only two shippers
with whom I have had consistently good luck have been FedEx and Airborne
Express.

Dave