Re: [NTLK] Lousy performance from a 20M card

From: Grant [Luxo Lamp] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 23:58:20 EST

In a previous message, Laurent Daudelin typed vigorously:

>Funny that you're mentioning this, since I've got the very same card, also
>from a dutch auction on eBay, and I would be willing to bet that it was sold
>by Stars Computers (or StarComps), and it was auction #1310004396.
>
>Well, when I've got the card, I did first insert it in my 2100. The format
>slip did appear saying that this card appeared new and asked to confirm
>erasing it. I did tap the "Erase" button, but immediately got an exception
>with error =AD10607 Flash card block is full. I then decided to give it a try
>in my PowerBook. When doing so, the PowerBook would present me with the
>initialize dialog in the Finder. But right after clicking OK, the PowerBook
>would eject the card reporting that the card is damaged and cannot be used.

I purchased four of these cards from the same dutch auction and all of
them formatted correctly. The only issue I had was that on one of the
cards the write protect switch was dislodged from it's slot in the end of
the card, rendering it useless. The card still formatted and seems to
operate correctly.

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/cam/
Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/