Re: [NTLK] 32MB linear Flash Cards and Cases

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_mediaone.net)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 18:39:30 EST

>Also, I was wondering what people are doing these days for cases/bags for
>MP2ks with keyboards? I contacted PDA Concepts and learned that they no
>longer sell their wonderful Hand Stand cases. I never should have sold mine
>}:-( . I shouldn't have sold my MP, either * sigh *. Thanks.

Hard to say if we are buying from the same sellers you are thinking of,
unless you mention the auction # or the seller.....

I would love a Handstand case as well.

Perhaps if everyone who just bought one of the cheap 2100's would email PDA
concepts asking about they'd make a few more... it worked for the PDA
Panache 2100 pens..... I have to say, if you take a look at the PDA
Concepts Handstand pages, I don't see how anyone could NOT want one (price
point, sure, maybe a quibble if you don't want one badly, but in terms of
design they look just great).

That said, I have 2 cases I use for my 2100 plus keyboard:

- a black bible case- perfect area to slide the 2100 into, a zippered
second area for the keyboard, many places for flash cards (I put my PC
Cards in old processor boxes- the little clear plastic hinged kinds holds 3
cards. $8 clearance from WalMart, and no angels embroidered upon it even.
Holds 2100 (the MP130 fit a little better with the keyboard), keyboard, PC
cable, A/C adapter, many cards, pencil, etc. I'd give you a model # but
it's an anonymous "made in China by prison labor" thing. Velcro tongue
closure hold the whole thing together, and it's a little padded in case of
drops.

-A modified Staples PadFolio type of thing. Those work well, especially if
you leave the 3 ring part in, as crush protection, and to provide a little
3D space for the MP etc. I think there are still web pages up on how
people have modified these to hold messagepads and keyboards, so with a web
search you might find something. You can add a little stand of some sort
to have your MP propped up while you type, if you want to use it that way.

And for just the MP, I was real geeky and got the RipOffs Holster for just
the 2100 and a couple of cards. I like it a lot, but the pockets are not
quite what they could be for my use- rather than sewing 2 separate pockets
on the front, I think it would waste less space to have one pocket with a
central divider. That said, it's nice and the belt/beltless attachment is
well done.