Re: [NTLK] Sharp (was: No new Newton, but Palm might have promise)

From: Steven (Smuro_at_socal.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 03:20:57 EST

Personally, I plan to stay away from Sharp products...I bought I Sharp
Mobilion (handheld CE machine). I bought it because all their literature
said it would be upgradeable. That never happened until some group of users
filed a class action suit...Sharp lost but never notified users and when the
users found out they made it very difficult to get an upgrade...moreover,
the battery pack died in less than six months...the touch screen went
bad...but other than that I liked it :)
Seriously, I think Sharp packs their products with tons of neat features
(color screens, built in modems, card slots, etc.) they just don't (from my
experience) pack in a lot of build quality.

Steven