Re: [NTLK] [OT] Next Computer

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 23:12:57 EST

Then there is, of course the joke where an old lady on
a plane going west tells the young man sitting next to
her that she's going to visit her neice in California.
Whereby the young man says that he's on his way to a
Unix convention. The old lady, complely non-plussed
replies, "eunuchs? gee, I didn't know there were that
many of you left in this day and age..."
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- THX 1138 <onefishtwofish_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Verily, on 1/9/02, Sunder quoth:
> >Unix - a play on the name of a multi user time
> sharing os named multics.
>
> I once heard tell that it was also a play on the
> word eunuch
> (yoo-nick), from the neutered servants of the
> Chinese emperor.
>
> True? False?
>
> (normally I'd apologize for being OT, but does it
> matter now, really?)
>
> later,
> --
> ben.