Re: [NTLK] [OT] "DayTimer" defined...

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 15:44:50 EST

on 1/7/02 1:00 PM, Woo Lee at vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> Hmmm, an electronic calender that keeps itself updated and even reminds me
> of events, birthdays, meetings, and 'To Do's', and I buy it once instead of
> replacing and re-writing everything... I was sold...over and over and
> over...then I got a memory card, and another, and...

You can knock the DayTimer, but when I was a sophmore or junior college
student, somebody gave me an outdated month from one, and I played with it
for a few days, and immediately borrowed the $20 necessary at the time to
get a 2-page per day Junior Pocket DayTimer with the vinyl wallet. I found
this thing to be essential to keeping my daily course work, extra-curricular
activities and work schedule organized. The semester I started using it, my
grades jumped from Bs and Cs to solid Bs and As. I can attest that that
DayTimer was money well spent. You don't need to be a busy professional to
need it. I found the 2 page per day format to be ideal. Maybe the Newton
would have worked, had it existed, but I never could have afforded it.
Besides, the Daytimer, pen and wallet fit in my back pocket just like a
normal wallet. Can't do that with a Newton. :-) (Or a Palm for that matter.)
:-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland