Re: [NTLK] [ot] iwalk and other speculation

From: BK (bk_newtontalk_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 14:02:25 EST

On Sunday, January 6, 2002, at 03:45 , David Golden wrote:

> Hasn't
> Pixar ( Steve Jobs ), done a lot of projects with Disney, such as Toy
> Story?

Actually, Pixar is Disney's competitor and their projects, i.e. Toy
Story they didn't do with but in competition to Disney.

For example the "Antz" movie was in direct competition to "Bug's life"
and now there is "Shrek" versus "Monsters" IIRC.

It would be very surprising if Apple bought Disney (unlikely they got
enough money to do so anyway) or Disney buying Apple. What you might
have overheard though could be Disney shopping for technology to stay
competitive (they are perceived to be behind Pixar technology wise) or
perhaps its about a Disney QuickTime TV channel or something like that.

> Perhaps this big announcement we're all waiting for involves a new
> multimedia joint venture amongst all three entities.

Or new family iMacs with Disney characters painted on them.

;-)

rgds
bk