Re: [NTLK] Newton usage in the bathroom

From: James Elliott (rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 17:39:33 EST

Maybe Apple will realise how many people use their computers while on the
toilet. Then they might produce the iPot, a toilet with a computer built
into it. The keyboard and monitor could fold out in front of the user. My
guess is that it would have a trackball, to keep the bit that would fold
out from being too large, but it would not be good if you were to drop it.
And it could also have all of the bells and whistles of the "intelligent
toilets" that do the latter half of the work for you. That would be spiffy.

-James

>On 04/01/02 11:25, "Walter Johnson" <walterjohnson_at_mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On Friday, January 4, 2002, at 05:16 AM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:
>>
>>> Oh man, I just had a bad thought. How many of you use your Newts in the
>>> bathroom?
>>>
>>> Oops, there goes the pen right into the toilet...yuck!
>>
>> This actually happened to me. I had owned my 2000 for less than a week
>> and found myself in urgent need of the afore mentioned facility. I could
>> tell it was going to be a while and so got out my 2000. My hands were
>> dry and that all metal 2000 pen is so slippery that I fumbled it. It
>> bounced around for an agonizing moment before dropping right into the
>> depths. I knew exactly how much a replacement pen would cost and how
>> long it would take to get. In the end I decided that $25 and a week or
>> more of missing stylus was worse than a moment of discomfort and a lot
>> of hot water hand washing. After all after you have a few kids...
>>
>> The moral of the story is: When using stylus based computers in the
>> potty, close ranks until you have the stylus deployed and stable.
>
>ROTFL!!!!

The Sharp ExpertPad Upgrade Project
http://www.geocities.com/rootbeeraddict/expertpads.html
Reliable HWR in a small form factor? Hopefully.