Re: [NTLK] iWalk is a good thing

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren_at_Finkelstein.Net)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 10:53:32 EST

On 1/4/02 1:52 AM, "aaron.hill_at_au.pwcglobal.com"
<aaron.hill_at_au.pwcglobal.com> wrote:

> I've heard the reports of what Steve Jobs and other Apple executives have
> said about Apple not making another PDA and even if that's what they
> currently think how long can they ignore a potential market like this?

How long can they ignore a potential market like this? How does forever
sound? (Not good, but certainly possible)

Apple doesn't make PDA's any more than they make televisions or cars. How
long can they ignore the potential market of TV and car buyers.

Apple's stated policy is that they make Macintosh Computers & Mac OS to go
with those computers, and that's it. Other products, like a pdas or
palmtops are not what they do.

Of course, all of this is ignoring the fact that, Apple hasn't really stuck
to their "Mac's and Mac OS" only policy. Other things they make include

    Airport wireless products
    Quicktime
    iPods

So, essentially, all bets are off. They could make something new, or they
could not.

Loren "I want an Apple Motorcycle" Finkelstein