Re: [NTLK] 2100 e-mail setup problems

From: Rolf Brakvatne (rbrak29_at_qwest.net)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 10:12:25 EST

--- Peter Cameron <pdwc_at_sympatico.ca> wrote:

> "Rolf Brakvatne" <rbrak29_at_qwest.net> wrote:
>
> > Canned air worked! This e-mail is coming from the
> 2100!
> > Thanks.
> You're welcome. I've found a blast of canned air
> can work miracles sometimes, especially in cases
> where just the smallest bit of dust can cause
> problems ... like those fiddly little connectors on
> PCMCIA cards.
>
> Peter

Peter,

It did work -- once. After I removed the card and reinserted it, it failed
to connect.

What I think happened it that I used an air compressor in my garage. I live
in ND and the cold air probably 'super-cooled' a failing chip and the
connection was made. After the chip heats up the unit fails to connect. Just
a theory, but it sounds good.

Rolf