Re: [NTLK] ThinkPad vs. MessagePad

From: scotty technoir (ticknor_at_punkass.com)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 11:05:16 EST

On Behalf Of Andre Baron
> Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 3:32 AM
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] ThinkPad vs. MessagePad
>

> O.K. now you've got me really interested! infrared with the PC!
> I think it
> will work if we configure the NCU to look for a connection on
> CommPort 4.

yes, NCU is capable of that, but windows is not any more it seems.

> where did you find
> the settings for the irport properties I have nothing of the sort.

i can send you the driver i have if you like. it looks like the standard IR
driver that comes with winXP

BTW, i *did* manage to beam a pkg to the Newton. I set the newton to listen
through the inbox via the OBex Stack [ie smatrdog/backtalk] since i only
have the demo, i could not try sending back to the thinkpad. but it was very
*very* cool to see the windows beaming app telling me it had a connection
and was transferring to a Newton Device. The transfer worked, but i couldn't
'put away' the pkg from the inbox. but it feels like progress.
also of note, sometimes the windows beamer tells me it could not make a
connection "because the device actively refused it". is there a way to make
the newt more cooperative?

> Hmm imagine if the pc can do IR easily with the newt, but the mac
> can't, no
> THAT would be funny

THAT would be a HOOT!
ciao for now