[NTLK] Newt Was Stolen!

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 16:16:16 EST

>Someone broke into my car and took it..smashed a window... they left me my
>PDA Panache Stylus, but they managed to get my Newt with a SER-001 in it, a
>28.8 modem and a 32MB Flash card.. oh and my beloved palm glove
>case...DOH!!! they left my ipod in the front seat...morons!

Do you know the hardware ID? There is a program called NewtonID or so (can be
found at unna) that allows those of you who still have their Newtons to get
at this ID.

I am contemplating putting up a page at my site that lists Newtons that were stolen.
I could either publish the email address of the owner (spam-robot safe) on this
page, or I could establish the contact between the owner and whoever has a tip.
Do you all out there think this is a good idea, or does something like this already exist?

Frank

-- Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html