Re: [NTLK] Newt Was Stolen!

From: Chris Ruprecht (chris_at_ruprecht.org)
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 13:19:39 EST

Chris,

my Newton was stolen a long time back (MP2000 in 1997). After I replaced =
it=20
with an MP2100, I carry the Newton with me where ever I go. They can stea=
l=20
the car, but they are not getting my newton ever again!

Do you have the serial number of your Newton? I know there was a place at=
 some=20
stage where you could list Apple equipment which was stolen from you or c=
heck=20
if an item you are going to buy was stolen. Does that site still exist? I=
f=20
not, could we set this up on Unna? I'd volunteer to write the programs to=
 do=20
the entry and queries (as long as it's done in PHP with an SQL type DB) a=
nd=20
set up the database.

Best regards,
Chris

On Monday 30 December 2002 12:51, Chris C. wrote:
> Someone broke into my car and took it..smashed a window... they left me=
 my
> PDA Panache Stylus, but they managed to get my Newt with a SER-001 in i=
t, a
> 28.8 modem and a 32MB Flash card.. oh and my beloved palm glove
> case...DOH!!! they left my ipod in the front seat...morons!
>
> -Chris

--=20
Network Grunt and Bit Pusher extraordinaire

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html