[NTLK] Backlight Replacement Service

From: Ferdi Ozguner (fozguner_at_ualberta.ca)
Date: Thu Dec 26 2002 - 17:14:17 EST

My service is fast and I keep you updated step by step. A picture of an
upgraded Newton (with white backlight) can be seen at:
http://www.ee.ualberta.ca/~ferdi/newt.jpg or a blue backlight at:
http://www.ee.ualberta.ca/~ferdi/Blue2.jpg.
I now also offer YELLOW, RED, ORANGE Backlight Replacements.

Price: The price is 109 USD plus Shipping/Handling.

Availability: Stocked with Blue, White, original Newton
Green, Yellow, Orange, Red Backlights.

Colors of Backlights: I recommend using the Blue upgrade because due to its
light color it is unnoticeable until turned on at which point it clearly
illuminates the Newton with a distinctive blue light. For the highest
brightness level a blue backlight is recommended.

Will I be selling kits?: The price of the kits is $79 USD (plus shipping) but this work is not
recommended unless you are a skilled professional and are not worried about
your Newton no longer working if done incorrectly.

Pricing for international orders: International orders will pay the same
price for the upgrade, the only difference will be the shipping costs.

Warranty: I can't offer you a warranty. If you still have a warranty with
Apple, my service would make that void. I have no connection with Apple.
I would recommend one with experience performing the upgrade and if you
do not have experience i guarantee that any newton i upgrade will function as
when i recieved it, with the new backlight in place.

Damage Policies: As with any upgrade of this type it is strongly recommended
that you perform a full backup of your data before sending your Newton to us
for upgrade. You should also perform a full reset of the Newton brining it
back into FACTORY condition. We will not upgrade any Newton's that have
problems with them already. If a problem is noticed the Newton will be sent
back.

If you are still interested in the upgrade please email back with the
subject line:

"Perform Newton Backlight Upgrade"

More information will be sent to you at this point.

Best regards
Ferdi Ozguner
fozguner(at)ualberta.ca

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html