[NTLK] [OT] Christmas.

From: Andy Collins (acollins_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Tue Dec 24 2002 - 06:32:51 EST

Hi Folks,

Well, it's that time again and I'd like to take this opportunity to wish
everyone on the list a Happy Christmas and a prosperous new year.

I also though it would be interesting to find out how you will be
celebrating - if at all.

Over here in the UK the shops have been packed with busy shoppers
frantically stocking up with food and goodies. The fact is that most major
supermarkets will be open again on Boxing Day (26th) and we only have to
cope for about 36 hours. The retail industry will be hoping for millions of
pounds of spending between Christmas and the new year, when the shops close
again for 24 hours. Then it's all over again until next year.

This is my son Jack's second Christmas and he's still a bit young to know
what's going on, though he delights in spotting the various Santas and
snowmen that are scattered around the house. He's still at the stage where
the boxes the present come in have most appeal but that means I get to play
with the great gifts.

We're gearing up to consume huge quantities of Turkey - the only time I eat
the stuff. Why do we need a 12lb turkey between 5 people? a British
tradition I think! More family arriving in the afternoon and an evening of
chatting, drinking and trying to persuade people that they need to eat more
turkey!

Hope everything goes well for you and yours.

All the best.

Andy.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html