Re: [NTLK] Newton and Windows compatibility

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_jameswhale.com)
Date: Mon Dec 23 2002 - 03:42:53 EST

Steve,

In my experience, NCU/Windows is extremely unreliable on modern PCs.
NCU/Macintosh is a little better, especially when using Appletalk
instead of serial, but it still has its quirks.

I use X-Port with great success 90% of the time for installing packages
and exporting RTF docs from the Newton to Windows machines.

I look forward to M. Guyot's DIL replacement software. With any luck,
this will usher in a new age of compatibility with modern desktop PCs.

-Jeremy

-
Jeremy Bond SHEPHERD | If something is in me which can be called
San Francisco, CA | religious then it is the unbounded
jbond_at_jameswhale.com | admiration for the structure of the
Phone: 415-929-0297 | world so far as our science can reveal it.
AIM: jeremybondsf | -- Albert Einstein
PGP key available on public keyservers.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html