[NTLK] Hello from Indianapolis, Indiana!

From: Robin Ropke (robin_at_ropke.com)
Date: Sat Dec 21 2002 - 16:33:50 EST

Greetings all!

Just wanted to say hello, I am new to the list, but have been a big fan of
Newt's for a long time. The nice thing about getting older is that all the
toys you used to drool over as a kid but never had anywhere enough money to
buy at the time are now a click away on eBay for much less expense. Of
course, eBay is digital crack cocaine, so that's not always a good thing! In
the last few weeks I have managed to acquire pretty much the entire Newton
line (with the exception of a H1000 and a 110) for about $400 total. Add a
few Calaise cases and a Lucent Wavelan card in there, and it looks like I'll
have some things to keep me busy while trapped at the inlaws this Christmas!
The downside to this is the near daily appearance of the UPS guy to deliver
a dongle or a charging station or a cable of some kind, which is causing my
not-so-newton-friendly wife to plot my demise. Than again, no adventure
would be fun without some risk to life and limb! :)

I do have a quick question for the group: I had a Newton 120 many years ago,
and I recall there was a way to make the lines in Notepad go away so it is
just a clear screen to write text into. I do not remember if there was a
command or a pkg that did this, and thusfar crawling through the faqs and
the files at unna have not met with success. Do anyone know how or what I
need to do this? Thanks in advance!!

Glad to be with you guys!

Cheers

Rob