[NTLK] Star Chart problem

From: Richard Plume (rplume_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 08:42:53 EST

Hi all;

    I'm having a problem with a program called Star Chart 2.1 (an astonomy
program) and I'm hoping someone here can help.

    It started crashing recently. I can open the program and less than a
second later, as the Draw box flashes it's first or second time, it crashes.
I've tried freezing all apps and it's still no go. I've also tried restoring
from my last backup and the program still crashes. It didn't used to do this
when using that particular backup. I've also tried deleating it's store and
all preferences I could find with MemTool and SAI Prefs Cleaner. I've also
tried reinstalling the program. Nothing seems to work.

    The only apps I've installed since I last used Star Chart are: BugTrap,
PocketMoney and DateMan. Everything else seems to be running fine - no
crashes or wayward behavior. Normally my Newton iis very stable. I bought
PocketMoney to help with finances and it will probably stay on my Newt. I'm
still testing DateMan and haven't made a decision on that one yet. BugTrap
was installed just in case...

    Has anyone else used Star Chart? Have you had any problems? Can anyone
offer any suggestions?

    Below is the BugTrap log:

<<Title: BugTrap Crash Log - 12/19/02 9:57 PM>>
Dear Developer:
This BugTrap log was created when I < insert explantion here >.
This problem/log < only happened once / is something I can reproduce >.
The log was created and the program appeared to < work correctly / not work
correctly >

Crashed in function from: StarChart:MiGa
Version: 21
Created: 7/26/02 9:00 PM
Store: Card
CpyRght: 2002 Michael Ghrken. All rights reserved.

(#605FAE75).ViewDrawScript(), 87: Pop

Stack Trace:
(#605FAE75).ViewDrawScript():87
root._Open() <native function>
root.Open():66
root.Toggle():23
root.ButtonToggle():172

Debugging at stack level: 0

Current Receiver from level: 0
{transCoordinate: <_function.native: 1 arg>,
preAllocatedContext: 'Chart,
ViewDrawScript: <_function: 0 args>,
sun200: <_function: 0 args>,
addthe: <_function: 4 args>,
ViewIdleScript: <_function: 0 args>,
drawConst: <_function: 0 args>,
mjd: <_function: 4 args>,
viewBounds: {#4},
drawSingleConst: <_function: 4 args>,
rev: <_function.native: 1 arg>,
frame truncated: '...,
}
   57: SetPath 0
   58: FindVar 'target
   61: Push 'areas
   64: PushConstant NIL
   65: SetPath 0
   66: FindVar 'target
   69: Push 'objects
   72: PushConstant NIL
   73: SetPath 0
   74: FindVar 'target
   77: Push 'EntryChange
   80: Call 1
   81: Pop
   82: PushSelf
   83: Push 'StartFlush
   86: Send 0
   87: Pop
   88: Push 'gc
   91: Call 0
   92: Branch 96
   95: PushConstant NIL
   96: Return
pc = 87

Newton machine type: 268447744 Built: 10/17/97 4:22 AM
CPU: strongarm 162.184 mhz
ROM: 2.1 (717260) patched -- Total RAM: 4079616 bytes -- Free Heap RAM:
320760 bytes
Screen Depth: 4 -- Screen Size/Res: 320x480 100x100

This note was created by BugTrap 1.6 from Tactile Systems, Inc.
info_at_tactile.com
Send us comments or suggestions.
NSDebugTools Apple Computer, Inc.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer;

Rick

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html