Re: [NTLK] ATTENTION. Please read this.

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 01:49:36 EST

on 16/12/02 20:10, Brian at bmcewen_at_comcast.net wrote:

> From: "Laurent Daudelin" <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com>
> On 16/12/02 10:56, "Steve Vander Ark" <vderark_at_bccs.org> wrote:
> [snip!]
>>> I love being connected to the Newton community, but I am seriously
>>> considering dropping out of NewtonTalk. It's just too much.
>>
>> I hear you, Steve. I have the same reaction when trying to work and getting
>> all those emails. Sometimes, I just shut down my email program. That means I
>> won't receive other important emails that may come in and would require my
>> immediate attention. I agree that NewtonTalk has the highest signal-to-noise
>> ratio I ever seen on any list. And as soon as you're out for a few hours,
>> you get back with 40-50 emails in your inbox (or, in my case, in my
>
> Laurent, I can't believe you get work done as well as replying so promptly
> to posts :) :) Let me guess, you're not one of those co-workers who never
> replies to emails, are you? :)

Nope. I always reply to emails as soon as they arrived. This way, I don't
have any problem with emails piling up in my inbox! Only NewtonTalk gives me
those large piles, but at least, they're confined to a specific folder...

-Laurent.

dinosaur n.: 1. Any hardware requiring raised flooring and special power. Used especially of old minis and mainframes, in contrast with newer microprocessor-based machines. In a famous quote from the 1988 Unix EXPO, Bill Joy compared the liquid-cooled mainframe in the massive IBM display with a grazing dinosaur "with a truck outside pumping its bodily fluids through it". IBM was not amused. Compare big iron; see also mainframe. 2. [IBM] A very conservative user; a zipperhead.