Re: [NTLK] ATTENTION. Please read this.

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 20:10:23 EST

From: "Laurent Daudelin" <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com>
On 16/12/02 10:56, "Steve Vander Ark" <vderark_at_bccs.org> wrote:
[snip!]
>> I love being connected to the Newton community, but I am seriously
>> considering dropping out of NewtonTalk. It's just too much.
>
>I hear you, Steve. I have the same reaction when trying to work and getting
>all those emails. Sometimes, I just shut down my email program. That means I
>won't receive other important emails that may come in and would require my
>immediate attention. I agree that NewtonTalk has the highest signal-to-noise
>ratio I ever seen on any list. And as soon as you're out for a few hours,
>you get back with 40-50 emails in your inbox (or, in my case, in my

Laurent, I can't believe you get work done as well as replying so promptly
to posts :) :) Let me guess, you're not one of those co-workers who never
replies to emails, are you? :)

Seriously, digest mode only has the one "index" quirk, otherwise it's very
good.

You can still get the Newton fix, and it doesn't seem such a crisis bundled
into two or 3 digests. Sure others beat me to the simple answers and I'm
not on the top 10 posters as I was a while ago (going to drop more with my
new day job, as least for a bit).

But it still works and if a post hasn't been answered within the digest
it's still pretty topical when I do reply. Usually.

-B

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html