Re: [NTLK] Ebay Newton 220mhz Auc.

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 02:55:48 EST

------------------
>The upgrade is generally fine. You should be able to toggle between
220MHz and 160 MHz.

Yup, I have 4.
------------------
>Some things won't work at 220: IR, serial, and some modem and
>ethernet cards.

The IR will work between two 220's.
The serial doesn't until you 'slow down'.
True, 'some' modems and eth.cards won't work.
------------------
>Sounds will also playback faster than normal. Other than this, the Newton
will of course do everything else faster.

Yup, funnier sounds. Main benefit is not waiting for most time-consuming
tasks/actions. 'Find' is 10 secs. tops. 'Newtscape' is wwwaaayyy faster.
'Backups' are faster.
------------------
>I haven't heard of any long-term ills from running at 220MHz for a long
time... Woo, you've had an Implant-upgraded Newt for a long time, right?

>--
>Victor Rehorst -

So far, just a 'freeze' once a year, need to reset and all is well.
I've been using one since 1/4/2001. No loss of data, but I get more work
done.
Here's a link... http://talk.smaller.com/Forum1/HTML/002752.html

!ooW %-)
Pres. of LA Newton Users Group!...over $teve's Live Body.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html