Re: [NTLK] (No From: Robert Benschop <rbenschop@euronet.nl>

Date: Sun Dec 15 2002 - 06:13:55 EST

on 15-12-2002 11:57, Jim Trascapoulos at jtrascap_at_mac.com wrote:

> I looked at this exact ad last month, and 6 months earlier. It seems
> like the same ad and the Newt but if you read the text it is a
> comparable Newton - the newt pictured ain't the one you're gonna get.
>
> I enquired and heard back from a guy named Ferdi...

Ferdi is both known to the list and a on the list and often inspires
controversy.

This ad was one of them, the controversy was for instance about the 'This
auction is for an Original Apple Newton 2100U' while one can debate if a
sped-up Newt is still original, etc. etc.

So far I never heard of Ferdi pulling scams, but he's sometimes definitely
too enthusiastic in his wording of his ads/auctions.
(though his last announcement of having pens for sale was an example of very
toned down use of language, guess we all live and learn ;-)

Some people have found him too expensive as well, but I would think that
mostly up to the buyer to decide, we do live in a free world...

I would think that for somebody that would want a sped-up Newt and was too
daunted to do this themselves $ 250 is quite a reasonable price.

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html