[NTLK]

From: Jim Trascapoulos (jtrascap_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Dec 15 2002 - 05:57:13 EST

"Bill" <McGreger_at_boxfrog.com> scribbled:

> After reviewing E-bay's Newton auctions to buy a second Newton 2100 I
> came
> upon this auction:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1945375672
>
> I'm wondering how reliable 220mhz newtons are in comparision to
> non-upgraded
> Newtons? As i understand it from the auction this newton operates 50%
> faster than a standard newton.
>
> McGreger
> Converted Newton User

I looked at this exact ad last month, and 6 months earlier. It seems
like the same ad and the Newt but if you read the text it is a
comparable Newton - the newt pictured ain't the one you're gonna get.

I enquired and heard back from a guy named Ferdi who (first) would be
happy to sell it directly for less than the posted price of $250 (I
think it was that - ah fergit). I get the feeling either this is the
unluckiest Newton to never get sold, or he's doing a number of them and
going through eBay for advertising.

In any event, there are some vague whisperings about a Ferdi here on
the newsgroup - perhaps someone else can vouch for the person? Or not.
;)

- Jim

###

Jim Trascapoulos j DOT trascapoulos ATchello DOT nl
                                                        jtrascap ATmac DOT com

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is
obligated to so."
- Thomas Jefferson

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html