Re: [NTLK] Developer question - Binary encoding?

From: Jim Anderson (jiman_at_microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 14:02:43 EST

John wrote:
> So, my question is: how do I accomplish this encoding for binary=20
> objects on the Newton, so I can transfer them to the Mac? And,=20
> secondly, what do you consider to be the best way to transfer binary=20
> data to the Newton?

        How about just encoding the binary as a string of hex digits,
the way sloup does? It's easy and portable.

Jim Anderson

Evil Overlord Rule 222:
I reserve the right to execute any henchmen who appear to be a little
too intelligent, powerful, or devious. However if I do so, I will not at
some subsequent point shout "Why am I surrounded by these incompetent
fools?!"

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html