Re: [NTLK] inkwell vs. rosetta...

From: Richard G. DAVIS (msys1_at_charter.net)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 15:54:46 EST

Ben....

My principle objection to Ink is that it does not recognize cursive writing.
I am accustomed to using cursive on my Newton 2100's, which are just fine
with recognition. I have had to make some small adjustments to my daily
writing to accommodate the Newton recognition engine. After a brief test
drive with Ink, I put it away and will re-examine any successor product in a
few years. (Apple can really be very glacial about some things.)

Ink is a big disappointment.

Now I understand that the primary value of Ink to Apple is the marketing
hype it provides to them in trying to jar $120 loose from people for Jaguar.

 ...sigh...

I was using an Intuos tablet when evaluating Ink.

Regards,

Richard.

--
Richard Davis
Mformation SYStems Company

tel: 508-869-6976 fax: 508-869-6008 e-mail: msys1_at_charter.net