Re: [NTLK] OT - Off topic - Need software to compare images

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 21:41:57 EST

I don't know about the Mac, but I know of several
programs that do this on the Windows side of the world
(all free/shareware).
Let me know if you want more info on this...I'll look
it up and tell you where to get it.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Frank Gruendel <fg2_at_pda-soft.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I know it's off-topic, and I will keep it short. I
> need a piece
> of software that is able to compare two images.
> The reason is that I've developed a java look and
> feel
> that looks differently depending on the java jdk
> version used
> although it is supposed to look identical.
>
> What I need to do is
>
> - Start the program with jdk1.3.1 and do a
> screendump
> - Start the program with jdk1.4.1 and do a
> screendump
> - Compare both screendumps
>
> Rather than torturing my eyes with pixel-counting,
> I'd rather
> like a software to do this for me. Ideally it should
> mark the
> areas that don't match, but a yes/no comparison
> would be
> probably sufficient.
>
> Thanks
>
> Frank

=====
"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain."
 - Mr. Weasley - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.