[NTLK] VNC - Shrinking a Newt

From: Jeff Sheldon (jeff_at_jurai.net)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 23:54:11 EST

Has anyone tried using PalmVNC to access a Newton running NewtVNC in
server mode via a wireless link & basestation over ethernet?

I haven't tried NewtVNC yet, so I'm unfamiliar with any latency issues
that may be there. I've been thinking more and more lately about how one
could use a PalmOS or PocketPC as a wireless dumb terminal to access a
stationary Newton within a 802.11b cloud.

Another option would be to build a "non-standard signalling" wireless
display, but it would require some fancy design and a smaller 320x480
screen that would likely fall short in the end. The battery life would be
pretty dang good though.

-Jeff

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html