Re: [NTLK] Michigan Newton Meeting

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 07:04:31 EST

>Someone needs to bring a laptop that can determine the names of the
>network we're on so we can actualyl connect... Just waiting for that
>feature in the WiFi driver....

Leaving the space for the name of the network blank works for me with the
registered 1.0b5 driver; I can connect between home, Eastern Michigan Univ,
and one other place without changing anything on the Newton at all. I've
not tried the latest driver version.

They were also installing 802.11b last week at the Oasis cafe in downtown
Ypsilanti; nice food but only 11-4pm or something like that, weekdays.

My wife and I are going to be at a the Ark in Ann Arbor the evening of the
14th; depending on how close/what time the Newton gathering is, I might be
able to drop by briefly before the concert.

I want to see someone open up a 2100 before I do mine; I worry about
marring the case. Maybe Rich wants to _remove_ his SER-001? :) (I think I
recall a post that he put one in).

Brian

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html